I am getting ready to educate you all on the wonders of the ever elusive ADHD- that’s Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, for all of you un-educated folks.
This subject is very near & dear to my lil ole heart for several reasons:
1) I have ADHD.
2) My son, Skater Boy, has ADHD.
3) I think Mountain Man has a form of ADHD (without the H).
4) I am certain at least 1 more of my children has ADHD.
5.) My mother has it, but is not aware that she does.
Please, don’t tell her I said this as I don’t want to be written out of the Will- it’s my kids only chance of getting a college education.
Now, since this topic is so broad, I have dedicated a separate & exclusive page for me to ramble on about my own personal journey to finding sanity with ADHD. In my life, ADHD has been both a blessing and a curse, often at the same time. It takes up so much space in my brian, literally, so it deserves to take up alot of space on my blog.
Here are a few of my goals:
To both give understanding and gain understanding of this ridiculously mis-understood disorder.
To pass on resources that have been imperative to my managing ADHD.
To pass on resources that have been imperative to managing my child’s ADHD.
To (hopefully) have discussions with other ADHD-ites out there on all of the above!
To convince my Blog partner, Sassy, to give an account of what it’s like to have a conversation with me when I am in ‘Full-On ADHD mode’. Friendship with me is NOT for the weak or easily angered.
What I don’t want to happen is the following:
No one may tell me that I don’t have it or that ADHD isn’t real.
I swear, on my NIV Life Application Study Bible, if you even try to allude to that or flat-out say it, I will pray that the very fingers you are typing with get stuck so far up your arse, that there will be no chance in hell they will ever come back out again. And then I will delete you, so it won’t matter if you try to pass on your ignorance, may God forgive you.
The first installment (**due out sometime in the next 12 months**) will be a GingerSnaap breakdown of ‘what ADHD is’, or how I came to finally figure out what the hell it meant and where in the brain this little devil hides!
In the meantime, if any of y’all out there in CyberSpace have any specific questions or comments, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right now, I will share just a few of many online ADHD resources that I simply cannot get enough of:
Adult ADHD Help is the name of the blog and it is chock full of information that is EASY to read and navigate for my fellow ADHD-ites!
www.staceyturis.com is another fine ADHD woman with tons of insight and wit!
Happy Reading and stay tuned for the next installment of…..
GingerSnaap, and the ADHD Chronicles
**Please note that this page is currently under construction and probably will be for a very loooooong time**
My First attempt at describing what ADHD is to me:
2) Guest Post for Black Box Warnings: One Pea In A Disordered Pod
- ADD/ADHD PBS Special Driving Me Crazy! (greatshalom.wordpress.com)
- The ADHD Label (capeadhd.wordpress.com)
- ADHD and Relationships… Can the relationship survive? (techiematt82.wordpress.com)
- http://ohmygawdjustdowhatisay.wordpress.com/2011/12/page/2/ : ADHD, Our Own Personal Hell
- http://ohmygawdjustdowhatisay.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/page/2/ : Tales Of A Fourth Grade Something
- Adult ADHD 101: What is it? Do I have it? – Free! – Denver, CO (adultadhdhelp.net)
- ADHD and Discipline (everydayhealth.com)